Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Fireproof - the review

Well, my wife and I had our date night Friday night. We saw Fireproof. It was good! I don't care how strong a marriage you think you have, if your truly honest with yourself and your spouse you will find room for improvement. I know guys, you think it's a chick flick, it is with some good humor and decent action scenes.
Let's face it guys when romance dies off, it's normally our fault. We sometimes forget how special our wives really are. We get caught up in our own world, our hobbies, our work, and our habits and forget our partner. I know I'm not alone in saying that I would be nothing without my wife. It's not that we intend to stop wooing and chasing our wives, it just happens. The movie reminds you how special and sacred the covenant of marriage is and how it's not always easy but it's worth fighting for.
Take your wife out to the movie, buy her some flowers, and never stop chasing your wife. If you think catching her is the goal, your wrong. The romance is the chase, the pursuit. Once you've got her she'll change the rules and then the chase is on again. If you put your all into chasing your wife, you'll have her heart forever. But remember, in order to chase her effectively you have to drop all of your junk and run after her.

No comments:

Post a Comment