Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

To Honor a Hero

Last September I wrote a post about my wife's Grandmother's brother, Donovan. At the time Donovan was 93 and he and his wife had just celebrated his 76 wedding anniversary. I just learned a few days ago that Donovan pasted away.

You may be wondering why I thought Donovan was a hero? Webster defines hero as a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b : an illustrious warrior c : a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d : one that shows great courage.

One of the reasons Ruth and I started our wedding photography business was because of high a priority we put on the commitment of marriage. Donovan may have had some limitations in his life, I don't know, but I do know he valued his wife and his marriage. That's a man. When he died he had lived out 94 years on this earth and devoted 77 years to loving his wife, that's a hero.

Last years post.

No comments:

Post a Comment