Pages

Monday, August 10, 2009

Why I Switched to Pictage

Here are some of the reasons I made the switch to Pictage for my online galleries.
  • Easy to use website
  • 2 for 1 Print specials. Buy 1 print get 1 free.
  • Folder lists - if you click on the Photo tab look on the right column and you will see Folders next to it is + New Folder. Now you can put all your favorites in your own folder.
  • Great customer service.
  • Off-site backup. This is most important for our wedding couples. I am a little crazy when it comes to backing up. Our typical workflow for a wedding. At the wedding, when we finish a card we back it up as soon as possible on a portable hard drive. As soon as we get home, we upload them on the computer. The computer automatically starts backing up. I then make a copy of your whole wedding folder and put it in a safe. For that night all of the cards of the wedding sit on my night stand just in case something happens in the middle of the night. Before I go to bed there are already 4 copies of your photos. Next morning, I go to another location make another backup and another copy and put it in another safe at a different location. Pictage add 1 more backup. When I upload your photos to Pictage they keep a copy of all of your photos on there servers. By the time I proof your photos there are 5-7 copies of your photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment